Since its founding, University of the Incarnate Word has benefited from the voluntary financial support of committed alumni and friends who recognize the importance of the University’s mission of service to the community.
UIW is officially a non-profit, 501(c)(3) institution as determined by the Internal Revenue Service. The university receives no direct support from the federal or state government or the Catholic Church. Student tuition pays for 75 percent of UIW’s operational budget for its many academic programs. The remaining amount must come from other sources so that tuition remains affordable for all students, including those with financial disadvantages or students who are the first in their family to attend college.
A gift to University of the Incarnate Word may be made to honor or memorialize a family member or friend. All contributions are tax-deductible. There is no administrative fee attached to any gift.
Your gift may be of any size and will be used just as you intend, going to the area of your choice. For example, if you give $35 and above to Student Scholarships or to Faculty Development, 100% of your gift will be made to that area of the University. No matter what the amount, your gift will make a difference in the future of UIW and its students.
- Gifts through our web site – This is the quickest and most convenient way to make a gift to UIW, using your credit card. UIW accepts VISA, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express cards.
- Gifts through the U.S. Mail – Fill in a PDF version of the form, then print and mail it in with your check payable to University of the Incarnate Word, or with your credit card information, for the full amount of the gift. Mail the form to:
University of the Incarnate Word
Office of Development
4301 Broadway, Box #317
San Antonio, TX 78209-6397
- Gifts by phone call – You have the option to call the UIW Development Department to make your gift by credit card. The gift will be processed after you mail the Gift Form and it is received. Please call (210) 829-6013 or 1-800-584-5322. Please call during business hours, Monday-Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm CST.
- Gifts of Securities – In addition to cash gifts, UIW accepts gifts of securities, stocks, real and personal property, and other financial instruments. Please call the Office of Institutional Advancement at (210) 829-6071 to discuss and make arrangements, or email us at email@example.com.
- Pledges – Print out the form and mail in with an initial payment of your overall gift. The balance will be billed as you specify in a letter included with the form: monthly, quarterly, or annually.
- Matching Gifts – Thousands of companies have matching gift programs for their employees’ contributions. Matching gifts can double or even triple the value of your gift at no additional cost to you. Check with your company’s personnel or benefits office for matching gift information, and if you qualify please include the proper forms with your contribution.
- Planned Giving – The Planned Giving office seeks future gifts for the University through your long-range planning. Please contact the Office of Institutional Advancement at (210) 829-6071 for more information.
Acknowledgement will be made in several ways:
- Electronic Receipt – After you fill out the form, including your e-mail address, click “Submit.” You should receive within one minute a web-based response acknowledging your gift to UIW.
- Postal Receipt – A letter from Dr. Louis Agnese, Jr., President of the University, and the Division of Institutional Advancement will be mailed to acknowledge your gift. The letter should arrive within 5 to 7 business days. The letter will serve as your official receipt for federal income tax purposes.
- Annual Report – All donors to University of the Incarnate Word are acknowledged in the University’s Annual Report. Copies of the Annual Report are mailed every year, in the fall, to donors. If your gift honors or memorializes someone important in your life, that will be noted as well in the Annual Report.
- If you wish for your gift to remain anonymous, provisions can be made at your discretion.
Please click on the link below to fill out the gift form. Then send the form on-line, or print it out to send through the U.S. Mail.