The University of the Incarnate Word Honors Program offers an enhanced educational experience to students who demonstrate outstanding achievement and promise.
Building on the University’s commitment to development of the whole person, the Honors Program cultivates leaders who will be conscientious citizens of the world by offering highly motivated students an advanced curriculum that fosters the discovery and communication of truth and that encourages students to create a personal synthesis of their knowledge and faith.
The overarching outcome the Honors Program seeks for its members is to help develop the whole person. Included under that umbrella are the following goals for our participating students:
- To Increase appreciation for and understanding of diverse perspectives
- To cultivate leaders
- To cultivate conscientious citizens of the world
- To foster the discovery and communication of truth
- To create a personal synthesis of their faith and academic knowledge
- To promote life-long learning
Beyond the benefits and activities we can show you here, honors students build lifelong friendships through their academic work, extra- and co-curricular activities and social events.
Read our FAQs to find out why participating in an honors program is a smart thing to do.