The primary mission of Institutional Research is to utilize innovative technologies to provide accurate, appropriate, and timely information to university administration, as well as state and federal entities, supporting the decision-making process on various levels across the University through the collection and preparation of University facts and figures in accordance with stated reporting requirements.
The IR Staff embraces the UIW Mission and its core values of faith, service, innovation, truth, and education.
- Submit reports and data as required by federal, state, and accrediting agencies*
- Communicate institutional information to the University community through innovative media
- Assist with University-level assessment surveys, such as the National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE), and communicate results to the University community through innovative media
- Collaborate with Enterprise Systems and administrative units to bring about changes in policies and procedures that ensure a higher degree of standardization and data integrity in the campus database, university historical files and data warehouse systems
- Submit responses to information/data requests from external organizations
*Mandatory reports to external agencies (e.g., IPEDS) are high priority projects.
In all activities, IR staff will ensure the confidentiality of information and that information is released only to appropriate individuals and groups in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. The office will adhere to the AIR Code of Ethics in all its undertakings.
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools/Commission on Colleges (SACS/COC)Reaffirmation: 2014-2015 Academic Year