The first annual UIW CLARION Case Competition was a SUCCESS! Three teams presented Friday evening, February 28th, to a large audience and four distinguished judges from the San Antonio healthcare community. The competition was tough. Each team had excellent recommendations to improve the delivery of care for patients with congestive heart failure, but only one team could win. The winning team members were Jan Ramos from the School of Pharmacy and Amber Ferrand from the School of Physical Therapy. This team will now move onto the national competition at the University of Minnesota in April. We wish them all the best as they go forward to represent UIW!
- Ellen Robinson and Milagros Munoz from the School of Pharmacy and Emily Aven from the School of Physical Therapy.
- Phu Dinh and Eunice Yoomin from the School of Pharmacy, Lilian Nguyen from the School of Physical Therapy, and Kimberly Smith from the School of Business MHA Program.
- Jan Ramos from the School of Pharmacy and Amber Ferrand from the School of Physical Therapy
- Jeff Cowart, Partner at Barlow/McCarthy Hospital-Physician Solutions and previous Senior Vice President, Growth & Sales at Baptist Health System, Vanguard Health Systems, San Antonio, Texas
- Justin Martindale, PT, DPT, President of Promotion Physical Therapy and Memberof the Clinical Faculty for the Manual Therapy Institute
- Son Nguyen, M.D., Family Medicine Physician at WellMed, San Antonio
- John Raimondo, Doctor of Chiropractic Medicine, CEO and Clinic Director of Laredo Spine Medical Center and San Antonio Spine & Rehabilitation and CEO and Founder of Pulmonair