Quirk is seeking the best works of literature and visual art created by writers and artists throughout the UIW community for publication in this year’s edition.
Any member of the UIW faculty, staff, or student body may submit work in one category or more. Submissions must be original and must not have been previously published or exhibited.
Prose: 3,000 words maximum, no minimum length, 2 works maximum.
Poetry: 1,000 words maximum for each poem, no minimum length. 3 works maximum.
* Submissions must be in the following format: .DOC, .DOCX, .RTF, .ODT, .FODT, or .PAGES
Short pieces are welcome. Also welcome are works in languages other than English as long as they use the Roman alphabet; however, we do request that you furnish us with an English translation in addition to the foreign-language text.
Visual Arts: Any medium or combination of media (including: cartoons, fashion design sketches and photography), 3 works maximum.
* All Visual Arts entries must be submitted in .JPEG and/or .PNG format. Scanned and/or photographed visual art must be at least 300 dpi.
Blind Submission Guidelines:
- All submissions and a completed page two of this document should be send to email@example.com.
- If you are unable to e-mail the documents, they can be mailed to:
Dr. Tanja Stampfl
University of the Incarnate Word
CPO # 441
San Antonio, TX 78209
- All mailed submissions (literary and visual art) must be digital on a CD-ROM.
- All visual art work must have a title but cannot identify the artist in any way.
- Submissions for Quirk are accepted every year between October 1st and January 31st.