COST OF DSST: $80 + $15 Administration Fee (Non-refundable; non-transferable)
These are an extensive series of examinations in university subjects that are comparable to the final or end-of-course examination in particular undergraduate courses.
Procedures for taking a DSST:
- DSST exams are available by appointment only, and generally are offered on Fridays at 8:30 am and 1:30 pm. DSST exams are also offered one Saturday a month at 10:30 am. The Saturday dates for the Fall 2014 semester are: September 13th, October 11th, and November 15th
- Pick up a Request for Credit by Examination form in the Registrar’s Office. Have it signed by your advisor and approved by the Registrar. The test MUST be taken within 30 days of the Registrar’s approval date that appears on the form, or new approval must be obtained. The form must be presented to Testing Services staff at the time of the appointment.
- Once you have processed the Request for Credit by Examination form, call (210) 829-3876 or stop by AD 216 to make an appointment.
- To secure your appointment, you will need to pay a non-refundable, non-transferable $15 administrative fee with UIW’s Business Office at (210) 829-6043. If we do not have a record of your receipt number within 48 hours after the appointment is made, the appointment will automatically be cancelled.
- At the time of the testing appointment, bring one current government-issued, photo ID with signature, credit card to pay for the test, and copy of the approved Request for Credit by Examination.
Amount Fees & Other Optional Costs Description $15 UIW administrative fee to secure the appointment Non-refundable; non-transferable. Payable by cash, personal check or credit card when the appointment is made. $80 DSST exam fee Payable to DSST by credit card only.
- DSST tests are administered online and have a time limit of 2 hours.
- Scores are received at the Registrar’s Office approximately 7 to 10 days after the test is taken.
- For study guides go to www.getcollegecredit.com. Once there, click on Colleges and Universities and on the right hand side click on Fact Sheets and scroll until you find the study guide that you need.