HOW TO SUBMIT A REQUEST FOR TUTORING:
- Log in to MyWord (my.uiwtx.edu) using your UIW username and password.
- Click on the GradesFirst icon on the upper left hand side of the screen. This will take you directly to your GradesFirst account.
- On the home page, you will see your class schedule for the current semester. Click the “request a tutor” link next to the class for which you would like tutoring.
- Enter all of the times you are available to meet for tutoring. Include any other information that might be useful for us to know (what you would like help with, if you need help with content or writing).
- Under location, select Writing and Learning Center if you need tutoring for writing or Tutoring Services if you need tutoring for course content.
- Click submit. Please submit your requests at least 24 hours in advance. Find more information on courses for which we offer tutoring go to: College Tutoring and http://sites.uiw.edu/wlc/.
- When an appointment has been set for you, you will receive an email confirmation. Your appointment information will appear in your GradesFirst calendar.
- If you need to cancel an appointment, you can log in to GradesFirst and click on the appointment details under upcoming appointments on the home page (bottom right). Click “cancel my attendance,” and select a reason. Click “mark as cancelled.” WLC and Tutoring Services cancellation policies: http://sites.uiw.edu/wlc/writing-consultations/ and http://sites.uiw.edu/tutoringservices/tutoring/college-tutoring/.