We hire writing tutors who are motivated, responsible, and ready to guide UIW undergraduate students in improving their writing, regardless of the students’ skill level. Working at the WLC will give you the chance to be a positive influence on students and to enhance your own writing and leadership skills.
All WLC employees must have:
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A patient, empathetic attitude toward inexperienced writers
- The ability to maintain confidentiality
Along with your application, you need to submit:
- 3 faculty recommendations
- An academic writing sample
- An unofficial copy of your most up-to-date transcript
If you have any questions or need the application in an alternate format, please contact the WLC director, Dr. Amanda Johnston, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (210) 805-5856.